This perhaps will be one of the shortest and most straight-to-the-point article I will have ever written here because it leaves very little room to beat about the bush.
Exercise can take place, before, during and after meal. I know “during” could sound ridiculous to some but it’s real and happens, especially for those having severe medical conditions and some hardcore bodybuilders too eat in-between sets of a workout. Well, I personally I’m not any of those but I have done it just a couple of times, due to energy depletion as a result of decreased carbohydrate intake while preparing for a contest.
All these times variations have their respective benefits but for the sake of this article we are dealing with “pre-breakfast exercise”, Let’s hit it.
- Exercise before breakfast is a major hack to fat burning. It might still be under argument but I can say it works from personal experience. While preparing for a photo shoot or a contest, I have incorporated immediately-after-bed-exercises, sometimes I even go to gym as early as 8am and I notice leanness in my muscles and general appearance. Why is this so?
Your body has sources of energy and 2 major sources for energy generation, fat and glycogen (a form of glucose, kinda), glycogen is fast and gets used up before fat can be considered hence it is possible for a full workout to be completed without fat burn. More reason why the Kitchen is more important than the gym, you can read that here 70% Kitchen, 30% Gym :Simplified. It is believed that after an overnight 6-12 hour fast, your body’s stores of glycogen are reduced and you burn more fat when glycogen levels are low.
Eating breakfast causes a release of insulin which interferes with the mobilization of body fat. Less insulin is present in the morning; so more body fat is burned when exercise is done in the morning.
There is less carbohydrate (glucose) in the bloodstream when you wake up after an overnight fast. With less glucose available, you are likely to burn more fat.
- Morning exercise puts your body in state of increased metabolism and keeps it that way for a long time which you can also maintain all day by eating more often like mentioned in the article “Eat more to burn fat”. As opposed to evening workouts, your metabolism declines almost immediately as you are about going to bed with all the melatonin secretions preparing your for sleep.
- Morning exercise gives a sense of accomplishments and secrets happy hormones, (serotonin, endorphin, dopamine, oxytocin (love hormone) especially for couple who exercise together) and shuts down melatonin which you secrete when your body is shutting down to sleep. See The Art of getting better sleep
- Your body’s circadian rhythm adjusts to morning routine, making it easier to wake up at almost the same time each day. You tend to get more out of your day, but at personal and professional levels.
- Morning exercise goes some distance at taming your eating habits and choice of food during the rest of the day.
Getting this done and achieving these benefits and possible a few others has lots of usefulness in our general life than can be fully emphasized. I must not fail to say that is won’t be a piece of cake, it would take time and days or fighting the choice of waking up or hitting the snooze button, but when you get it, the feeling is great and rewarding.
Fitness and Health lifestyle is like a marathon and not a 100m dash, keep moving forward, moving slowly, you are doing better than one sitting on a couch.
Thanks for visiting, please leave comments, suggestions and questions in comment section or contact directly, I really appreciate them. See you soon.